Most frequent questions and answers when renting property answered

We cover CM12, CM13, CM14, CM15, RM5

The price of your property will be determined by many factors but the main ones are Location, Price, How many bedrooms and parking

Hardings will conduct the viewings on the landlords behalf, but if the landlord want to meet the new tenant before moving in, this is fine.

Tenants go through a vigorous referencing procedure though a company called ‘Homelet’ they will carry out credit checks on the tenants, employment references and current landlords reference (if applicable).

Yes you will need to insure the building being a landlord and not a owner occupier. We can help if you need help to be put in contact with the right people for this.

If the tenant fails to pay the rent there are several options, one that we would recommended taking our a rent and legal insurance on the tenant at the start of the tenancy to make sure that you are covered for any eventuality. Sometimes it is something minor that we can discuss with the tenant and get resolved very quickly. Alternatively as with all residential lettings you are always taking a risk when letting your property and you may need to seek legal advice to give you the best possible steps and outcome.

Tenants will be responsible of all utilities as part of their assured shorthold tenancy agreement

This very much depends on what service the landlord chooses Hardings to act on their behalf. Please refer to our landlords page for more information on this.

As part of the town that we operate in most tenants will expect kitchens appliances to be included (e.g washing machine, fridge/freezer) but other than that, no furniture has to be provided.

The tenants deposit must be registered with a government back scheme within 30 days of the start of the tenancy, Hardings can take care of this and would register the deposit with the deposit protection scheme. Other schemes are available for landlords to use.